General Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richiestang_78

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I went to the LFS to pick up some medicine for my Gourami, his poop has been white and stringy so ite probably a paraite infectio. Anwya the guy gave me Gneral Cure, said its the best for it, anyway before I use it I want to know what you think.

If it's parasites, then your only cure is medicated food. Not meds you put in the water. General Cure is used for External Parasites, not internal. Won't do you any good.

Alright cool, thanks. Ill go with the Jungle Labs brand, i lways like there products. How bad are internal parasites anyway? Im not sure how long my fish has had it and he seems to be fine except his appetite seems to be growing lately.

I'm not sure, never had a fish with internal parasites. But I do know they can die from them if not taken care of.

Any good (read successful) parasite will kill their host slowly. It will rob the fish of nutrients making them very weak and susceptible to other diseases. The fish will eat more and more (like a person with a tapeworm) until the parasite blocks their intestine. Then the fish dies, the parasite wriggles out and makes lots more parasites. I had a lot of luck with the jungle food, but I kept on having my fish get re-infected until I bought the Gel-tek anti-parasite food and put it on algae wafers (10 drops, 5...let dry...5 more...let dry) so that I could get rid of the worms in the pleco.

Back
Top Bottom