Golden Wonder Killie with curved spine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ashleyharrigan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have had my male killifish for probably around 5 months and he was in perfect condition up until about a month ago (or maybe a little less) he got very sick. He was having issues major issues swimming, belly up sometimes, and not eating much (if at all). These showed up pretty sudden and as soon as I noticed it was getting progressively worse, I put him in my hospital tank. I then treated him using Bifuran Plus (bathing him as directed, twice) and added a little salt to the tank and in about a week, he was starting to seem much better and back to his regular self again. I put him back into the main tank after having him in the hospital tank for around 2 weeks. The only issue now is that his back is very curved. I originally thought maybe he was just really thin and maybe just looks weird from being sick and he just needed to eat some more. Its been a while and nothing has changed. He seems healthy and happy except for his back and slight skinniness (but he's eating like a monster). Has this ever happened to anyone else or have any idea what this is? Any advice is greatly appreciated!

here's a picture:
34nk3a1.jpg

ok i have a female that looks the same way no problem swimming or eating even teasing the males when they swim off into the plants...Dont know why maybe the strain or genetic to much cross breeding brothers and sisters making babys aint a good thing in any species...lol .......................................................... mine looks like frankinstian

Well I have one, female also, and told it was everything from bad genetics to fish TB. Fish TB is very bad and can be transmitted to humans so I was curious to see what you had found. Mine is fine except for the spine...eat fine etc. I am going to a fish expert Friday about my discus. Going to ask him...I will let you know.

sounds good...mine eats like a horse live and frozen foods no problem keeping up in the tank

Back
Top Bottom