Goldfish is STILL SICK!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Spence22

Aquarium Advice Regular
I havent been on here in awhile but I wanted to give an update. I started using Maracyn 1 6 days ago and i completed the entire 5 day treatment, but my goldfish is still sick. His eyes are still swollen. His tail stopped rotting after i completed his first treatment using Maracyn 2 which was about 3 weeks ago or so. So his tail is not getting worse but its not getting better!! Its still ripped and has the same 2 red spots on it. He is still hiding in the back corner of the tank majority of the day. He is eating though, He has NOT lost his appetite. I have noticed that he is loosing color and he seems to be turning yellowish. His poop is floating on and off, somedays it will and somedays it wont. Ive stopped feeding him from the top of the water tryin to see if that would help with the floating poop.
All together ive used Maracyn 2 then waited about a week and half and then treated with Maracyn 1. In between the first treatment and the 2nd treatment I was doing daily water changes of 30% in order to remove bubbles that were in my water, that had to have been from my dechlorinator.

Water Parameters are perfect.
AMMONIA: 0
NITRITE:0
NITRATE: 0

please give me any adive! Im thinkin that he has parasites but im not forsure, ive neer delt with parasites before. Im taking the maracyn back today so i want to grab something else while im there today.

Hi! I am sorry about your fish not doing well! I dont believe its parasites because you have had him for quite awhile & there havent been any new fish to introduce parasites into your tank. I am going to suggest the same thing I did before- as long as he is still eating, I would try the kanamycin medicated food (medi-gold) from the Goldfish Connection. Your second option would be to purchase kanamycin (Seachems Kanaplex) from Amazon & make your own medicated gel food. Beyond these options, you would need to seek out an aquatic vet for a prescription for stronger meds.

Have you tried a medicated food? Internally it would work better than one in the water that needs to be absorbed.
I'm fairly sure you can use an anti parasitic medication while using an anti biotic. Are you using any salt in his tank?

Back
Top Bottom