Guppy acting strange

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keeper

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hello...I just crawled out of bed and found that my female guppy was hovering in the top corner of the tank. Normally she is a very active fish but is not doing much of anything right now. Any ideas...PH is good, temp is good and all the other fish are just lively!

Thanks

Whats the ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels? Definitely the place to start.

okay...NitrIte is good as is the ammonia. I don't have a NitrAte kit. Tested the PH again and it was about 7.4. I added some PH down. Is it just a wait and see game now?

Ugh. I suggest a water change; pH down is really not great stuff to put into a tank, and if it does manage to reduce the pH, well, sharp pH changes can cause big probs.

I'd isolate the funny acting one and observe her for a coupla days. If its something infectious, you don't want her being in the tank long enough to pass it along to the others.

great..thanks for the advice. The only reason I use the PH down is because the PH of my tap water is high to begin with. I'll put her in my 1 gallon tank and see how she does. Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom