help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman1234

Aquarium Advice Activist
hey guys I have a 60 litretankhoming
7 neons
3 mollies
1 guppy
1 danio and a tom of molly babys
my neons and guppy have White at the end of their fins, the mollies always gasp for air and the danio bullys the neons! Help!!

What are your test readings? How often do you change water? How old is the tank?

You are stocked to the gills. The danio would like to be in a group which is probably why he is annoying the mollies. The molllies need a bigger tank.

The white at the end of the fins suggest less than idea water conditions, the molly gasping means lack of O2 or ammonia or nitrite poisoning, which goes back to less than pristine water conditions.

It's 6 months old, water change once a week, am upgrading to 49 gal am going to get
3 more neons
3 guppies
5 danios
3 platys
1 swordie
6 black skirt tetras
6 corys
getting rid of mollies

Have put fin rot stuff in there, in about 2 weeks nothing has healed

rich311k said:
What are your test readings? How often do you change water? How old is the tank?

You are stocked to the gills. The danio would like to be in a group which is probably why he is annoying the mollies. The molllies need a bigger tank.

The white at the end of the fins suggest less than idea water conditions, the molly gasping means lack of O2 or ammonia or nitrite poisoning, which goes back to less than pristine water conditions.

I am not very knowledgeable on stocking but as the last poster said, we really need your water readings to help.

Will post some pics soon, am doing water change later will tell u then

Back
Top Bottom