Help!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Artist

Aquarium Advice Freak
Came home to night and found my guppy belly up and he has some blood like thing on his stomach its a male guppy that I got at petco a week ago

The next day after buying I went in and they weren't selling any fish bc they were having a problem (all of there fish were sick )

Can anyone tell me what disease he had so I can clean my tank and get some fish from my lfs

ForumRunner_20120205_214944.jpg

Any ideas on what this is?

Tested my tank everything is fine all at 0

Yes it was all 0 I do daily water changes my tank is 3weeks in cycle I also used a bacteria starting kit

I also have java moss in the tank

Most bacteria "starters" are a load of bunk and can hinder your cycle process by introducing the wrong type of bacteria (if there actually is any left alive in the bottle) by chewing through your ammonia and then dying off leaving no food for the real bacteria to munch on. I would stop using it.

If they had issue at the store you bought your fish from the day after you bought it I would say it was bad stock. Return it to them for a refund (must bring body). I bought three female guppies from Petco a while back and all three died in 24 hours. Went back to the store that day and the whole tank, which was previously filled with fish, was empty and I actually got one of the workers to admit that the entire stock died that night. I got my refund.

Back
Top Bottom