Help, my betta is sick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

timd818

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hello all,
I just got an expensive halfmoon betta and he is sick.
I think the disease is called clam tail or something like that.
Basically, all the fins would fold close to the body and it swims
like it was paralyzed. He was ok when I first got him. I added
him to my tank in his own contain that I bought and he got sick
a few days later. Is there a cure for this? Any and all advises are
grateful. Thanks.

He's in one of those live breeder container in my aquarium. I would assume there's filtrations. All the conditions are fine since the plants, tetras, shrimps and corydoras are thriving. I feed them twice a day and varied the food for the betta. Could too much salt do that? I did add salt to the aquarium (it's a 26 show tank and temp is at 79*F). I had two bettas and both are sick. I took them out and placed them in 1g jars complete with plants and a hiding place. These two bettas cost me almost $100 so I do like to save them if possible. Right now, they're just floating at or around the surface. They still eat, but not as much and hardly move at all.

well, if they're still alive till now (ireally hope so), its better to give em more space than just 1g. jar, not really enough even f they're healthy, so just bring em something like a 5gal. quarantine tank, keep the temp. at about 26c, and iguess adding any medicine
which has mythelene blue would help em.. with agood diet too..
hope that helps.

Back
Top Bottom