help! rainbow shark

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is a picture for reference. I have no idea what happened? Qould it have to do with water quality?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130510_150855.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130510_150855.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 75
Im really hoping that he is not dying.. please someone help! Should i do a water change? I have no treatment. I live in the country and i need to wait til sunday to go into town is there anything i can do or anyone skilled on this subject and fish ype that could possible explain why his tail is curved?

what other fish is in the tank? It could be an injury of some sort, whether due to bullying in the tank or accident with decorations and what not.

are you sure that this occurred overnight? because there's some nasty parasites out there that will do damage to the fish like how your fish is. Best way right now is do a partial water change with salt treatment. This is the best option right now if what you said is true about not able to go anywhere for medication.

I have5 female mollies a pair of platys and a male guppy.. oh and ten ghostshrimp.. it may be an injury. I needed to vaccum tge tank anyways so i rearrranged some things just in case it is an injury from getting stuck between something or trying to turn round un cramped quarters. The otger fish dont really bother him he just kinda stays aline and eats algae round the tank. Antways i vaccuumed and did a water change of about 50 percent and he seems alright im just very worried about the condition of his tail...

are you sure that this occurred overnight? because there's some nasty parasites out there that will do damage to the fish like how your fish is. Best way right now is do a partial water change with salt treatment. This is the best option right now if what you said is true about not able to go anywhere for medication.

Yes i only noticed tgis about 2 hours ago and i was watching the tank for a bit earlier this morning during feeding and i did not notice anything wrong with his tail then.. you say parasites? Now im really worried. Do you know thename of these parasites so i can research them and maybe figure out some kind of home remedy? Should i separate him? Or will that stress him out?

hold the thought about the parasite for a moment. can you get a better pic so that i can see it better? any new additions to ur tank recently?

Cant get a pic heis hiding in a cave but from what i can see his color is coming back some.. he was a little pale earlier..
This is the best i could get and for some reason it uploaded sideways

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130510_170834.jpg
    ForumRunner_20130510_170834.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 78
He is staying near the top of the water now . I got some better pictures . he still looks pretty bad. Like I said the other fish don't seem to mind that he's there at all. I'm leaning more towards maybe he broke his/ her tail how long will it take to recover?

My vacuum the tank every 4 days because my mollies are very messy when they eat so i dont think he could have gotten parasites from my tank..

from the looks of it, you got a serious problem. go online and.search for Neon tetra disease and fish fin rot, or simply look for fish tail bent, im not by a computer so i can't elaborate even if i want to

He did in fact havee the disease. He died last night after i separated him . Goong to try and get a refund today

Aw Ashley, that's gutting. Hope you get your refund. Will you get another?

No prolly not i need to get a new female or two for my guppy he seems very lonely since his girlfriend passed while giving birth... it was her first litter. So i wil get him some mayes and maybe a male for my female mollies

No prolly not i need to get a new female or two for my guppy he seems very lonely since his girlfriend passed while giving birth... it was her first litter. So i wil get him some mayes and maybe a male for my female mollies

Ah lovely. Hope you get more babies soon then. :)

Back
Top Bottom