Help...what should I do?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meviva

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I have a peppered cory cat that I recently moved into a 125 gal. half round aquarium. She looks like she has a cut on the side. There is no fungus that I can see. I finally was able to catch her a put her in a 3 gal. When I put the cories in the 125 last week, one seemed to get stuck in a hole of a rock decoration in the tank. I later saw a sharp piece in that hole. I'm guessing that is how she got hurt. What type of medication should I get for her? I'm hoping it's not too late, I had a hard time catching her.

Thanks!

She has been injured for several days now. She is breathing heavily and laying on her side. I put Stress Coat and E. M. Erythromycin. I just looked at her...I think she is dead. :(

Really, you should avoid meds or chemicals other than dechlorinator whenever possible. You could use stress coat to help, but unless there's signs of infection, no meds. They won't help healing and potentially can cause more issues in the long run with other infections growing resistant to the meds.

Back
Top Bottom