How alot of guppies are raised

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matt68005

Aquarium Advice Addict
Seagrest farms apparently recently bought out most of the smaller farms in florida that use to raise fancy guppies.
I'm not sure exactly who this guy is, but since seagrest raises a lot of fish in ponds, this could be how your fancy guppiy from petsmart or Petco was raised.
A dirt pond.
Don't tell me they have to go into a bare bottom sterile tank!! lol

In winter, water is heated and then pumped back in the pond, in the middle of summer, it can be chilled and pumped back into the pond. Really interesting, constant supply of fresh well water, and fancy pet fish raised the way nature intended.
This guy sounds Australian, so that may very well be where its at, but i know seagrest is big and raises lots of fish like this!

Nature has its way of taking care of stuff own its own, all they do is feed once a day floating pellet and pump warm water in in winter and chill the water in middle of summer.

The fish are Quaraitined after grown out and probably fed metro and prazi or some other kind of wormer before the good ones are sent off to pet stores.

My favorite mom and pop fish store orders from Seagrest, and on another forum I follow, members advised Petsmart orders their cichlids from Seagrest as well. No complaints from me.

Back
Top Bottom