How can I tell if my puffers have IP's...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Usually, fish with internal parasites get listless and thin, and may have loooong stringy white, thin poop. They might also eat a lot, beacuse the parasites in them will be consuming most of the food.

HTH

Sure! If you can get them to accept prepared foods, try feeding an anti-parasitic medicated food. There is also a Gel Tek gel food that contains anti-parasitic medications in it that you can soak your food in. Fighting it this way (through medicated foods) is best because it gets the med inside quicker. Some people feed them monthly/every few months just to be safe.

Devilishturtles said:
Sure! If you can get them to accept prepared foods, try feeding an anti-parasitic medicated food. There is also a Gel Tek gel food that contains anti-parasitic medications in it that you can soak your food in. Fighting it this way (through medicated foods) is best because it gets the med inside quicker. Some people feed them monthly/every few months just to be safe.
Ok, I have read that using Gel-Tek but what is the name of the one that I need?

Zagz said:
The Gel-Tek product is called ULTRA CURE PX I believe.
Yeah, Now I have to find a store that carries it...I checked petsmart, and they dont carry it. I checked 2 other stores and they said they could order some, but would take 1-2 weeks. :? :cry:

EdgarMedina1010 said:
JDogg said:
Devilishturtles said:
Big Als should carry it.. Are your puffers showing signs?
i second big al's

HERE is a handy link :D
The thing is I dont have a credit card, and yes one of my puffers has a 'sunken' stomach.
might have to wait until LFS can order it then :( i hope your puffer makes it

good luck

Back
Top Bottom