Hurt fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TwinOne

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok so I have a large green sunfish and for some reason he does not like my twin brother. My brother walks in my room and for some strange reason the fish goes crazy and jumps. when he jumped he hit his head on the edge of the glass shelf/support and he now has a good size gash on his head. I added melifex to the water to help the wound and stress zyme. What else should I do?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

keep an eye on him. If its a community tank ensure he's not getting pecked at so the wound can heal. If possible move him to a QT tank so you don't have to medicate everyone.
otherwise it looks like you have a good handle on it.

Tell your brother to stop stomping his feat. My wife walks very heavily on her heels and it shakes the floor. the sudden vibration/impact is probably just scaring the fish. ;-)

He's back up and swimming like nothing happened :) still treating the wound!
And I don't thinks it's the vibration. Iv had this fish for well over a year and has goes through a lot! When new people come over he hides and when they leave he comes back out. But the second my brother is near the tank he goes crazy then hides! But it's just him! It's always been like that!

I added a picture. He's a green sunfish and about 8" now :)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1486482901691.jpg
    1486482901691.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 35
Back
Top Bottom