I think my Molly has ICH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amyezar

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I noticed white spots on my black molly and bought some ICH treatment. I had done this for a while and the white spots seemed to be flaking off. Now I see 2 new spots. I also did a 50% water change. I increased my water temperature to 80 degrees and just read it needs to be 86 degrees to kill of the ICH. I was just wondering if the other fish I have are going to be able to withstand the warmer temperature. I have 1 Betta, 3 Guppies, 3 Mickey Mouse Platys, 3 Red Eyed Tetras, 1 Molly and 1 BN Pleco.

The only fish I see the white spots on is the Molly. Do all my other fish have it too?

The temp should be over 86 F, if you add extra aeration or lower the water level the other fish will be fine. They will fair better with the heat actually than with the meds.

If my Molly has it, are the chances good that my other fish have it too?

Maybe that's what is wrong with my platys... Duh, silly me. Put two and two together. I am very new to this. Please excuse me inexperience and lack of knowledge.

No problem, we were all new once. Get the temp up and quit using the meds and add aeration or lower the water level a bit for splash.

Trust me it is no problem. When I first joined and started out, I plagued these forums with questions. That's why I have so many posts, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom