I was bad, I bought another fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meredith

Aquarium Advice Addict
I was at the lfs today, and there was the cutest betta there. a male, sorta peach colored with darker fins. He is a beauty. I HAD to get him. He is in the QT tank for now. I haven't had a betta in about 4 years. The one I had I kept in a large fish bowl, I know now that is a no no. I turned the temp down to 70 in the qt. Is that about right?He is totally acclamated now and seems to be very happy. My only problem is my sister is bringing me a load of guppys tomorrow. I was thinking of getting a small 5 gallon tank just for the betta. good idea?

5g tank would be perfect for a Betta :) Do not mix any male "fantail" Guppies and the Betta. Bettas will see these as a threat, and a lot of the time, you will have dead Guppies.

dont want that to happen!. I am going to go see If I can get a decent pic of the betta.

Did you mean to say you turned the temp down to 70 degrees for the betta?? Betta's really should be kept at a steady temperature between 78 and 85 degrees. Anything lower and they are suceptable to fin rot and generally will not live as long. A five gallon tank would be very comfy for your betta, mine enjoys his 5 gallon bachelor pad with 2 dwarf frogs. Can you get pics of your betta? He sure sounds pretty :D

well the temp in the tank is currently 75. 78 would be better? I thought they were cold water fish?? here are the best pics I could get. gotta get a better camera.

that is why I love this place!! I would have kept that poor betta at room temp. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom