Ich Treatment / pleco and tetras in the tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mandi0321

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK, so I broke the cardinal rule of aquariums... I have had my tank up for about 2 weeks and put in some tetras from the local fish store. A week went by and everything seemed fine so I added my pleco and two neons I've had for several years to the new tank.

Today, I noticed little white spots on the new tetras. Is this ich? They seem to be scratching themselves against the decorations...

What should I add to kill the ich? Will it hurt my pleco? Any info is grately appreciated. The spots are still very small and not on all of the fish!!!

i used ick guard but jungle, it worked well. as far as the pleco does it have any white spots? you shouldnt use ick guard on scaleless fish. hope that helps i deal with ick too, it sucked i lost accouple fish. :) good luck

Read the article on FW ich in the Articles section and use the heat and salt method--all of your fish should be able to handle it. Plus there are some pics of what ich looks like.

Back
Top Bottom