Ick posibbly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaz

Aquarium Advice Addict
noticing 1 to 2 small specs on fins and body of my loaches, could this possibly be the beggining of ick? I started to raise the temp to 80-81 everyday going to do so for 1-2deg more. was the ick treating temp 86?

Turn the heat up to 87 and leave it there for 2 weeks after the last spot. If the spots look like grains of salt then it is probably ich. Also don't forget to either add an airstone or lower the water level a bit for extra aeration. While the temps are above 80 but below 87, the ich life cycle speeds up so make sure to turn the heat up 1-2 degrees every 6-12 hours. Have you added any new fish to the tank?

I added four new neons about five to seven days ago, but this past weekend I did some major clean up of everything inside the tank and could of cause the fish to much stress.

ok the temps have been raised but now I cant really see any more traces of ick, should I keep them up or start lowering them down?

Back
Top Bottom