Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-31-2007, 12:26 AM   #1
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

Ick posibbly

noticing 1 to 2 small specs on fins and body of my loaches, could this possibly be the beggining of ick? I started to raise the temp to 80-81 everyday going to do so for 1-2deg more. was the ick treating temp 86?

6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Giant Bacoba, Hygro 'Sunset'
kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 12:30 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Send a message via MSN to Zagz
Turn the heat up to 87 and leave it there for 2 weeks after the last spot. If the spots look like grains of salt then it is probably ich. Also don't forget to either add an airstone or lower the water level a bit for extra aeration. While the temps are above 80 but below 87, the ich life cycle speeds up so make sure to turn the heat up 1-2 degrees every 6-12 hours. Have you added any new fish to the tank?

-----------
Site Administrator
Zagz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #3
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

I added four new neons about five to seven days ago, but this past weekend I did some major clean up of everything inside the tank and could of cause the fish to much stress.
6 Rummy Nose, 9 Ottos, 2 Yoyo Loach, 1 Golden Nugget Pleco, 2 Julli's Cory, 4 Angelicus Botia, 1 Chocolate Kuhli Loach, 3 Ghost Shrimp, 1 SAE, 1 Black Mollie, 1 Redeye Swordtail Mollie, 1 C-Pleco, MTS, Guppy's
Plants
Argentine Sword, Amazon Sword, Micro Sword, Xmas Moss, Pennywort, Hornwort, Jave Fern, Baby Tears, Moneywort, Ludwigia, Wisteria, Giant Bacoba, Hygro 'Sunset'
Old 01-31-2007, 01:20 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Definately raising the temps is a good idea as a preventative measure.

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 02-05-2007, 03:19 AM   #5
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

ok the temps have been raised but now I cant really see any more traces of ick, should I keep them up or start lowering them down?
Plants
Old 02-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

How long have you had the heat up for?

-----------
Site Administrator
Old 02-05-2007, 10:55 PM   #7
kaz
Aquarium Advice Addict

about ten days

Plants

Tags
ick

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com