Ill guppy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wayne74

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Just got in from work to find one of my guppies has kist mist her colour and what looks like internal bleeding. And a white under belly. She is swimming about nit as rapid as normal and feeding. All other fish happy and healthy. Any ideas plz

Kist mist?? That should be lost most her colour. Water was tested one after last water change last sunday. Ph 7.6 which in standard for my area, ammonia zero, nitrite zero, nitrate 5parts. In 120 lt tank even the baby guppies are well???? Don't like ill fish.

My experience is more limited than most, but from what I've seen lost color could just be stress. The internal bleeding's not a good thing, but if I had to guess, I'd bet on a fight happening. Guppies aren't really schoolers so much as "What are you looking at, is it food?" so depending on if anyone in there is agressive that might explain it (Though for guppies that would be playing awful ruff. Do you have other fish in the same tank, or is it specie only.). Is anyone else showing similar symptoms, or showing signs of fighting (Like nipped fins). Also, do you have a quarantine tank, or anything like that, you could slip her into, just in case?

We have a community tank she is one of two female guppies, 4 mollies, 5 platies, 2 silver shark, 5 harlequin rasbora, 3 neon tetra, 4 black tetra 2bolivian ram,1 pleco, all been together a while no Botha at all. I only have the one tank I have a floating nursery but it has 4 baby guppies in.

Back
Top Bottom