I'm kinda bummed, Lost two fish.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

William

Aquarium Advice Addict
Woke up this morning to find myself with two dead fish.

My second Otto in the female betta tank died [ The first died a few days ago, I removed the body and did a partial waterchange just incase] and did another water change today. All the paramiters are good, Ammo 0, Trites 0 and Trates 0. This is a heavily planted tank, to.

My second fish that I woke up to dead this morning was a Zebra Danio, One of three that was in with my Male Betta. Woke up, he was laying on the gravel, gasping. Then I blinked and he was upside down and dead.

What a think to wake up to.. Its odd, since it was in two different tanks.. I mean, their not connected in any way, other than being stacked one on top of the other [ One of those double decker 10gal Iron stands ]

I'm careful not to let things mingle and mix from one tank to another, to.

Oh, and the same Params in the male tank to. 0's all the way around.

I don't know, Maybe they both decided it was their time..

I would suspect he betta in both tanks...

Especially the poor otos of the female tank...
you never know what a betta may suddenly take exception to..
if the otos were small and now full size and color; the betta may be targeting them for that. Changing teh pecking order. Poor otos don't want ANY pecking... :roll: Thay puts them in a bad spot.

Nah, there was no wounds.

And the female bettas are laid back, They don't even attack eachother... Unless I'm infront of the tank, then they bicker over who gets to float right infront of me to watch me.

Besides, theres more deserving targets then the ottos, Like the Banjo.

And the male tank, The danio had no battle damage either. And the male couldn't catch a danio if he tried, Hes a veil tail.

If the tank is completely cycled -- and I suspect it is -- there should be some kind of nitrate reading, shouldn't there? Unless the live plants are consuming all of it...

I dunno. I got nothing...

Back
Top Bottom