Intestinal worms in clowny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Husmut

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hey!

I bought a bunch of clownies a while back and one of them, though showing healthy behavior, did not grow and was lacking in color. Also, although he ate, he always looked emancipated. Then I noticed his waste was white and knew he had some kind of worm. I looked at treatments and they all looked extremely harsh and I dont want to use them. Is there another, less drastic treatment? I had decided to leave it to fate, but every time I see him, I feel sorry for him. :(
Are they contagious? None of my other fish seem to have contracted them but I am worried that when he dies, the parasite will look for a new host

I agree with both apocalypse_gold and FMJnaX, but you also may want to start looking for a much larger tank. How many gallons is your tank, I'm not familiar with any 5 foot tanks. Clown loaches get up to 14" long, so your tank is overstocked or will be overstocked soon. For 5 of them I would suggest getting a tank of at least 300 gallons. JMO

Back
Top Bottom