Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - Unhealthy Fish
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-05-2012, 10:50 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

ISO/Hospital tank

I have one neon tetra separated right now with something (possibly NTD). I was curious is it important to put a filter on the hospital tank? I have an extra one that is cycled I can pop off my community tank and put on the hospital tank. Wasn't sure if I needed it. He has been in there for about 2 hrs. Will probably stay for much longer.

Old 04-06-2012, 08:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

That depends on you. Filters help clean the water but can't be nearly as good as a water change. Keep up daily, maybe every other day, water changes and you won't have too. If your dosing medications, leave carbon out as it will remove medication. Your goal should be to remove excess food and waste.

Tags
hospital tank, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com