jojo loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joselito76

Aquarium Advice Regular
yoyo loaches

I have 3 yoyo loaches for about 4 months now.They where just fine until few weeks ago.They where swimming al over digging the sand like happy little yoyo loaches.I went out of town for about 3 weeks and when I got back I just found 2 of them.The other one was dead on the top of my wet/dry sump.Few days ago I can find one of them he was in the filter to ,so I get him out .3 hour later he is back in the filter ,so again I got him out and all over again so this time I wait to see why he is going back and 5 minutes after i got him out he swim just straight to the filter a straight shoot,so i got him out and again a straight shoot to the filter.Is there any reason why he is doing that ?After 3 months of a happy life.I have cichlids ,but they are not to big,yellow labs ,electric blue small cichlids and i had never see any of the cichlids disturbing my yoyos

What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitraite readings? How often do you change the water? What is the water temp? Do you have enough aereation?

What overflow do you have on that tank? HOB or a drilled tank? how is he able to fit thru there to get down to the sump itself?
Ive got neons living in my overflows and not once has one made it to the filter. Not on my 52 with a CPR hob overflow I get fish mainly my black kuhlli's that get into the overflow and cant make it past that.

I dont think water parameters have anything to do with this because its only the yo-yo you are having issues with. QT him for atleast 2 weeks and observe his behavior and health.

What are your ammonia, nitrite and nitraite readings? How often do you change the water? What is the water temp? Do you have enough aereation?
Parameters are good ,PWC 35 % every 2 weeks, the over flow holes are big and the reason he when down all the way to the sump is because the foam in the back of the over flow was not properly attach.

What overflow do you have on that tank? HOB or a drilled tank? how is he able to fit thru there to get down to the sump itself?
Ive got neons living in my overflows and not once has one made it to the filter. Not on my 52 with a CPR hob overflow I get fish mainly my black kuhlli's that get into the overflow and cant make it past that.

I dont think water parameters have anything to do with this because its only the yo-yo you are having issues with. QT him for atleast 2 weeks and observe his behavior and health.
He made it only to the foam in the over flow

pH, gh, kh? The yoyos won't thrive in the same water as rift lake cichlids and you may be seeing the result of gradually weakened fish.

the yoyo probably enjoyed the ride. A piece of wide hole netting and a rubberband will solve that.

Back
Top Bottom