Jungle's Parasite Clear safe for clowns and shrimp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UTcolorchangn

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I think I've got some internal parasites in both of my tanks. I plan on trying to treat with medicated foods, however all of the fish might not eat it. If that happens I plan on trying some of Jungle's Parasite Clear tabs. My question is if the tabs are safe for clown loaches, plecos, and various shrimp (bamboo, amano, and cherry)?

Should I do a half dose instead?

The tanks in questions are my 10 gallon and a 55 gallon. Check the "My Info" button for the tank residents. I do not have a QT tank. Both tanks have been established for over 6 months.

Thanks

I don't know about clowns, but parasite clear is not safe for invertabrates. I suggest you move the fish to a QT tank and treat them there, leaving the display tank and invertabrates with no fish for several weeks. Fish-only parasites in the display will die off from lack of host during this period, then you can move the fish back.

I would not use it with clowns and shrimp. Plecos I think are fine with it. If there are too many fish to move to QT, move the clowns and shrimp and treat the main tank.

Back
Top Bottom