Mixing fungus treatment with other fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathan_Drake

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is it safe yo treat your whole tank even if only one fish has fungus. I'm treating my tank right now and my baby channel cat just died with green slime all over him. Also how do I get coloring out of my tank. The treatment has changed my tank water to green. Plz help:confused:

Water changes and carbon I find will remove the colour eventually. White rocks have ended up with a green tinge but it fades.

What is the treatment? I assume MG or MB is one part?

The short answer is no, any meds treatment is a risk which is why a QT is best. I've found that fish will handle meds better as they get older and the tank matures. New tank with new young fish is always hard as lots of stress going on as well as infection.

He may be using Furan-2, not sure if thats safe for catfish.
"is it safe to use it in the main tank"
Depends, Malachite green can destroy Benificial bacteria if you go above the reccomended rate.
Not sure about Furan....don't use it.
"How do i remove it" with Water changes and carbon ofc.

Not sure on furan 2 with catfish.

I just had a look and can't see any label warnings for furan 2, Kanaplax or tetracycline.

As a side note, recently got attacked by a dog and got put on antibiotics. Normal dose was 1, maybe 2 tablets a day and I was stuck on 3 per day. It kind of bombed my whole system but otherwise survived with no real troubles. Not sure if that would be the same for fish. :)

Back
Top Bottom