my angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Valentine089

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My angel fish I believe is getting nipped at by my upsidedown cat. I can see his fins were nipped at and this morning was probably the worst case. I was thinking he was ok but I guess not. Should I get rid of the angel? I feel like I should bring it to a place that'll take it back but should I give it time? I don't know. Anything could be useful.

edit: I see the cat chasing him around so I'm just assuming it's him.

Ur angles should be fine, mine actually got beating up really bad he was a triangle lol but everything grew back and he looks great, I hve mine in an aggressive tank they take some beatings sometimes but they recover what size tank to u hve? I hve an Upside down catfish too, they r pretty cool I just seen a big one today, I hve had mine for a while but for whatever reason he is still pretty small, but hold on too both, try to give the catfish some more hiding spots and that should keep him busy and away for ur angle...

It's a 25 gallon. I have a huge thing in there for an eel and my CAE goes in there too. I think there is enough space. I hope he will be fine :/

If worse come to worse, u can always get a lil divider try to give ur angle at least 7gal I kno u can't really measure 7gal so kinda gustamate, he should be good tho..

GH-around 60
KH-80-120
PH-7.5
Nitrite-.5-1
Nitrate-20

Everything seems good. I guess since I got the new tank everything has leveled out...

Jeremy4208 said:
GH-around 60
KH-80-120
PH-7.5
Nitrite-.5-1
Nitrate-20

Everything seems good. I guess since I got the new tank everything has leveled out...

Nitrite of anything other than 0 does not "seem good".

Jeremy4208 said:
I posted on the wrong thread sorry, but what should I do about the nitrite?

Large water change and figure out why it's high.

Are you sure it is the upside down catfish? I have one with my koi angel and they are best buds. They always hang out around each other and have been in the same tank for years. No nipping issues or anything.

I was possible thinking the same thing because my upside down cat fish Is most of the time always chillen under something but I think the angle will recover, what other fish do you have in your tank?

There is a tiretrack eel, the angel, the upsidedown cat, a golden CAE and a mystery snail. The eel is pretty cool with everyone. The CAE just chills next to him. He isn't aggressive at all.

True sometimes the eels can be aggressive I have a spotted eel, and he messes with my cichlids sometimes.. , but that's cool about the tiretrack eel I wanted one but I could never find one...

Back
Top Bottom