My baby guppy needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leikela

Aquarium Advice Activist
I've just noticed that one of my guppy fry has something hanging out of it's stomach :( I scooped it up and put it in a makeshift qt tank until I figure out what happened. I also ousted my molly (who is becoming quite aggressive) into a different tank on his own in case he took a chomp out of him, the only other fish in there are some molly fry and a couple of other guppy fry. It looks flesh coloured with pink tones to it and, for his size, is quite big. Tried to take pics but without much success. Is it likely that the molly took a bite or is it more likely a parasite?

Attachments

• image-1438184125.jpg
    image-1438184125.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 159
  • image-104233696.jpg
    image-104233696.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image-581415732.jpg
    image-581415732.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 143
Seems a bit smaller this morning but I'm still not really sure what it is or whether to start medicating. Don't want to lose the little guy :-/

He doesn't look ok. Rapid gill movement and isn't swimming much, laying on the floor of his makeshift tank. Been doing several pwcs and ammo testing to make sure that's as low as possible. Not sure what to do

Bit of an update on KitKat - seems the QT tank was just what he needed. I raised the temp and added and aquarium salt to it and he is looking miles better, the injury (which I think it mist have been) looks like it has completely healed. I will keep him in QT for a bit longer just to make sure, but he looks like he's going to be ok :)

Thanks! He's all better and happily swimming around again. Thank goodness!

Back
Top Bottom