My molly tried to eat an MTS and it died?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
butterfly_koi said:
I've heard about fish eating them but never one dying from one. I'm sorry about your fish!

It's alright it's just that I feel so bad :( it was in my care and it died :(

wryly23 said:
Malaysian trumpet snail with huge pointy shells. Very dangerous in hindsight.

Oh wow that sucks. Are those the tiny white ones that sometimes come in on plants? I have those and now I'm worried!

Lifeoffroad said:
Oh wow that sucks. Are those the tiny white ones that sometimes come in on plants? I have those and now I'm worried!

I think they're only light or dark brown.They have long pointy shells. They're very pretty and I can't wait for them to breed! I just hope no more of my fish try to eat them. Maybe it took a casualty to know they're not a snack...

wryly23 said:
I think they're only light or dark brown.They have long pointy shells. They're very pretty and I can't wait for them to breed! I just hope no more of my fish try to eat them. Maybe it took a casualty to know they're not a snack...

Just over feed and bam you bred them!! Lifeoffroad your thinking of pond snails.

Fishie said:
Just over feed and bam you bred them!! Lifeoffroad your thinking of pond snails.

Lol it looks like they're all gone except for a few shells pointing up in the gravel. That's what they're here for :/ I thought I saw 3 couples breeding before they went in the gravel

wryly23 said:
Lol it looks like they're all gone except for a few shells pointing up in the gravel. That's what they're here for :/ I thought I saw 3 couples breeding before they went in the gravel

It only takes 1 to breed so it's not all that hard since they are after all asexual.

wryly23 said:
Wow I didn't know that. Guess I'm here to learn though lol

Lol learn new things everyday! Most people get infested with MTS just watch out don't want to many!

Fishie said:

Yeah. I hate those things. But my clown loaches love them! Lol

Lifeoffroad said:
Yeah. I hate those things. But my clown loaches love them! Lol

Actually they aren't pond snails. I just looked up these MTS and they look very much like these but only about 1/8 long. Very tiny. And once they are in your tank they go nuts. Went from a few to a few thousand like overnight.

Back
Top Bottom