my neon tetras don't come to eat at the top. I really need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

NEedsomehelp!

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Ive read about them and some say there hardy and sometimes there not. can anyone clarify this? whenever I feed them normal tropical flakes they dont even pay attention? By the way im a beginner and I have done quite a bit of research. My ph was about 6.8 water was soft and everything else was very good. any suggestions on whats wrong? I have seven and they seem ok. i had gotten four before but i think we shocked them.:(

nitrate and nitrite were in the safe zones and im not sure about ammonia (i need to get the test for that sorry) temp=76 degrees fahrenheit

How old is everything? Are these the first fish that have been in tank? Did it cycle (go through ammonia spike)? How long have you had them? Neons can be hardy. I think it has to do with where they came from. If they are new to the tank, they might not eat till comfy.

How long have the fish been in the tank for? It's not entirely unusual for the first few days for them to be a bit freaked out and not want food. I found with mine switching the lights off helped too.

If you haven't got a testing kit which does Ammonia, Nitrite and Nitrate then get one. I thought like many people that they weren't necessary, now of course I realise they are absolutely essential.

Back
Top Bottom