neon with a spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrutusPleco

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29 gal. Tank with:

6 neons
4 black tetras
2 Julii Corys
1 large SilverDollar
1 Mr. Mystery maybe a Cherry Barb that is orange :?
2 Plecos

I bought 4 neon frys. 1 got sucked up the filter but all others are doing fine until I noticed the smallest neon (but much bigger than when I purchased) has a grey looking spot on top in front of the fin. I have checked out what fish ich looks like and I don't believe it is that. Fish eats, is active, schools with the other 5. None of the other fish have any spots whatsoever. So, maybe a fungus or injury. How do I tell the difference?

How do I tell the difference?
Watch it closely. Fungus will tend to spread and if it's an injury, you will see it start getting better. Also watch the other fish for signs of grey spots.

I'm also watching very closely for neon fish disease. So far spot has not grown. No spots on other fish. Little neon schooling, eating acting normal. First sign of more problem I will euthanize. :(

First sign of more problem I will euthanize.
I don't think that is neccessary. If there is more problems, other fish will more than likely be involved and you will have to treat the tank. Keep updating this thread and we will help with what ever happens :D

Neon with spot

Spot on neon seems to be getting smaller! :) Acting very normal. All other fish fine!! :D If things change will let you know. THANK YOU!!

Back
Top Bottom