New betta fish erratic swimming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kdoyle1053

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone! This is my first post on here, I got a betta fish about two weeks ago, His name is Picasso :) However I noticed he was rubbing against a plastic plant that I was concerned about so I took it out, I was worried he’d hurt himself on it and he stopped the behaviour for about a week. The last 24 hours I’ve noticed him crashing into the bottom of the tank over and over again for about 5 minutes then he’ll stop for a while. I’m really concerned about the behaviour I don’t want him to hurt himself. The water parameters are all perfect I do partial water changes 1-2 times a week and a full change with a gravel vacuum once a week on sundays which is when I test the water with a liquid testing kit, the water has been fine every time I tested it. He’s in a 5.5 gallon tank with a nerite snail, one real plant, a few fake silk plants, and two moss balls, he doesn’t bother the snail at all I know that’s not the problem, I’m just worried he may have flukes or some other illness but since this is my first fish I’m not familiar with their body language yet. He has a little lighter blue/green spot on his side but that was there when I got him so I didn’t think much of it but maybe it’s something? Anyways any advice would be Fantastic. I’m really worried about him

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom