Oranda rests on bottom of tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
definatly keep an eye on their size +1 jen i just never had one of my fancys hit that size but iam sure it could happen. i have a friend that takes my adult goldies for his pond so we have a good system but if you plan to upgrade in the next couple years you will be ok

Thanks guys. As far as my new Oranda, he is still sitting on the bottom occasionally. When I fed them this morning he swam around a lot and ate a little, but he wasn't searching as vigorously for food as the other fish in the tank, you know? He is the biggest fish in the tank, and def ate the least amount. But he DID eat. Should I be worried? Or is he maybe getting used to our food vs what they used at the pet store? We are planning on getting rid of the "feeders" this weekend- but at their current size, that can't be the reason our new guy is sitting on the bottom, right? I know we got a little off topic talking about how stocked my tank is- but I'm still mostly concerned with the new dude sitting on the bottom. :(

a little of everything probably new home, new food, new friends but as long as he is eating and pooping i know you cant watch all the time but try to see if he is digesting if so he will probably come around but keep us posted just incase

Hey guys! Just wanted to update that after a few days of monitoring our new guy is doing awesome! It must have been the new tank jitters, because he is up and active and all over the place now. Happy guy. :)
And we named him Mr. Myagi btw.

Back
Top Bottom