oto catfish different behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ice Man

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have 3 oto cats in my 25g planted tank, 2 females and one male. About 2 months ago they became very shy. I can't really find them! Only time I can see all of them is during water changes and occasional driftwood rearrangement. Before that they all were very active little fellas. Male sits sometimes in a visible place for hours without any movement. Females are always hiding. They look well fed, females have big round bellies. Male is rather skinny but his belly is not caving in.
I don't know what could triggered change of their behavior.
I am afraid they might be sick, but it's already been for a couple of months so I don't really know what to think.
Any advice will be helpful.
Thanks.

Tank parameters are
pH 7.4. ………………………Water is very hard, I use natural regulator 7.0 to bring down ph and peat moss to soften the water
Temp 78F
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Nitrates 20-30
Running two filters: aqueon quite flow 30 and eheim 2211
DIY co2
Tank mates are: one dwarf gourami, two HY511 tetras, five corys melini, pair of australe killifish, some snails and 3 japonica shrimp.
Planted with bunch of java ferns, crypts, wisteria and Brazilian pennywort and some others. Plants are fed with complex of fertilizers.

Are other fish bothering them? Also, do you feed them anything extra or just let them feed off algae in the tank?

Back
Top Bottom