Panda Cory with pop eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
HUKIT said:
I'm sorry but beyond clean water I really don't have any other advice, I truly wish I could give you the answers.

Hey Hukit, noticed something right now!!
The Kamaka rainbow I
Has a white string type of poo....?? And my Apistos also.... Is this a symptom of something? Suggestions?

Stringy white pooh could be a problem with parasites, to the fish that died how was their behavior before dying, was there any reclusiveness, clamped fins?

HUKIT said:
Stringy white pooh could be a problem with parasites, to the fish that died how was their behavior before dying, was there any reclusiveness, clamped fins?

They were shy, but not eating, the Angelfish has his fins a little clamped. The ones that died were mainly corys, Julii and Pandas.

I would start treating with Metrozoidale and Praziquntel, Parasite Clear by Jungle is always my first choice since it's safe for the biofilter and non-staining plus it's NEVER let me down when treating for parasites or Bloat. When treating with Metro don't feed during treatment, leave the lights out, and treat at least twice to ensure you've eliminated the issue.

HUKIT said:
I would start treating with Metrozoidale and Praziquntel, Parasite Clear by Jungle is always my first choice since it's safe for the biofilter and non-staining plus it's NEVER let me down when treating for parasites or Bloat. When treating with Metro don't feed during treatment, leave the lights out, and treat at least twice to ensure you've eliminated the issue.

I could not find the jungle product, I got three options:
1.- API General Cure. Contains metronidazole and praziquantel. Is like pouches to be add to the tank.
2.- Praziquantel from Micro-Lift. Only contains Praziquantel. Is liquid concentrate.
3.- PrasiPro from Hikary. Same content as the number two option.

Your recommendation?

McLumpy said:
:( I didn't know you lost fish w/ this situation! I'm so sorry for your loss!

Lots of luck w/ the treatment!

Thanks McLumpy. Yes it is hard to lose a fish, and harder the feeling of not being able to diagnose what they have.
I believe that finally I understood what was happening, my best guess is that it is a parasite.

Thanks again

Well, so far so good, according to the directions of the box (General Cure by API), after adding the pouches wait 48 hours and treat again.
Tomorrow will be the first 48 hours, I will start the second treatment.

Question here, do you guys think that I need to make a third treatment? Or just keep with the directions?

My Angelfish still lethargic, no eating, and breathing really fast. Also I noticed a red line ( like blood) in the base of his lateral fins......??

Thanks

Sad update, my Angelfish and the male Apistos died today!!
:-(

I will finish the treatment and watch the rest.

Everybody else look fine and eating.....

I'm sad, but I did my best... The worst part is not to know what happened........

Thanks to all that helped me here...

:( That is so sad!! I'm so sorry! You did the best that you could and that's all that you can do when it comes to fish.

Well wishes to your other fishes!

McLumpy said:
:( That is so sad!! I'm so sorry! You did the best that you could and that's all that you can do when it comes to fish.

Well wishes to your other fishes!

Thanks my friend!

Hope yours are doing better.

Back
Top Bottom