Parasite

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CanadianWaters

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just noticed a white trail coming from my gourami. I am fairly certain it is a parasite though I don't understand because it is not coming from the... butt area. It is in between the whiskers on the gourami. Is it a parasite because I don't see where it could come from.
I am sorry but I can't get a good pic. As soon as possible I will post one.
Please help.

Maybe my questions aren't clear?
is it a parasite despite the fact I don't see where it is coming from?
I does it keep coming and going?

At the base of where it was attached to your fish, was it red? This might be anchor worms. I'd google them if I were you. Find some pictures and see if they look similar.

No I don't think it was an anchor worm but the funny thing is I haven't seen it since the first sighting

Finally got a half decent pic.
I think it is actually just long stringy poo but that is still bad right?

O that's right I was gonna post the picture

Attachments

• image-1702235052.jpg
    image-1702235052.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 54
  • image-358571522.jpg
    image-358571522.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 57
It can be yes. Its often a sign of parasites. If your fish starts to swim funny or behave ill you may have to order some medications. But for now just keep an eye on him.

I have been feeding peas in a hope that it is just a digestion problem then I will probably not feed for two days to see if it clears up. After that I will be medicating

I would definetly wait a little longer before medicating. Its better to not medicate if you dont have too. Watch closly for any odd behavior or bloating.

If you notice odd behavior I would look into ordering some metreoprozile and making some medicated food

Back
Top Bottom