Parasite advice needed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tasha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
We recentlly purchased a chocolate chip molly that I later noted had red fiber like things coming from her enlarged vent opening... upon researching I found out it was most likely a type of worm. I called petland where I baught her, and she then checked her tank, sure enough they all had it :mad::mad:

Anyways, the petland lady said all shes doing to treat her tanks is melafix as per instructions, and aquarium salt.....

Im doing that anyways to treat for cloudy eye, (also braught home from that pet store) but am adding anti parasite medicated food... its made my jungle, does anyone have any experience with thsi food. Following the directions im to feed them ONLY this food for 3 days, then back to regualar feedings for 4 days then only this food for 3 days again, etc etc for 1 month. The food is a similar to a beta pellet... It says you can grind it smaller, which I have done becauase my mollies are thourouly disgusted by it. I find as it soaks in the water a bit they eat it better...

Any advice on the Jungle - anit-parasite medicated fish food for internal parasites .... greatly appreciated! :)

I have and currently use both those meds with great success. Parasite Clear will not effect your bacteria count and is does not stain.

I've used it for treating Calamus worms, which could be what your molly has. It sure sounds like what we saw with our fish. I also treated the tank with Jungle Parasite tablets and did extra water changes until all traces of the worms were gone.

parasite clear? is that a different product? and do you use it with or instead of what im feeding mine to clear them up...?

Thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom