Pearl Gourami not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mus

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi there I recently purchased a pearl gourami and a golden gourami and already had an opaline gourami in my aquarium, I noticed that the opaline was attacking both of the gouramis + had found the pearl out of the water hooked on an ornamental light above the water level.

I noticed this the night i bought it and I thought that the pearl was dead and while attempting to remove it I realised that it had fallen back and was swimming again. (I was really happy)

I have given the aggresive opaline gourami to the lfs and there apears to be no aggresion, but the problem is noe the pearl is not eating and hasn't done for a while, it appears to be loosing colour and has a grey like appearance from the head back, please help

I have read that they wont eat if attacked or if the cant establish their own terrotory and have tried rearanging my tank, I also feed flakes + frozen bloodworms + have tried lettuce and cucumber (read from a few books) but it doesnt eat at all.

1. it has no other unusual behaviour apart from not eating + discolour
2. I think its a male
3. ammonia 0, nitrites 0 + regular water changes + declorinator. (guppy fry surviving in this water) temp 25-26 celcius
4. external filter fluval 205
5. other fish are fine (guppies + platies + swordtail + gourami + rt shark ) tank is not overstocked + it is well oxygenated and planted.
6. tank size 46g
7. it is not attacked by any other fish

Who advised you to keep multiple kinds of Gourami's? I wouldn't recommend it. It's like keeping two male betta's together.

Who advised you to keep multiple kinds of Gourami's? I wouldn't recommend it. It's like keeping two male betta's together.

+1
Gouramis are very territorial, especially with other Gouramis.
Along with, you never know what is going on in that tank while you are sleeping.
It sounds like extreme stress from a lot of harassment. If you have a QT, isolate him and see if he turns it around. If he does, you know he was being pick on. and you should return him to your LFS also.

Poor little guy! he's probably major stressed. I'd give him a couple days. And if you had a QT that would probably be best.

Back
Top Bottom