PH level?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some crushed coral in the filter will do the job. Best part is you would only need change it every couple of months. It will slowly raise the levels and keep them at a steady point with no worries of treating change water etc.

Thanks for the info Rich. I'm going to be changing our water more frequently since I decided to check our tap water it's levels and it tests at 7.6 PH.

Does anyone know what to do if your tap water reads 1.0ppm of ammonia?

My 55 gal tank test levels this morning were PH 6.0, Ammonia .50, Nitrite 0, Nitrate <5PPM, GH 53.7, KH 71.6

My 29 gal tank test levels are PH 6.4, Ammonia 2.0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate <5, GH 53.7, KH 71.6

Our tap water is PH 7.6, Ammonia 1.0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 0, GH 53.7, KH 71.6

My 29 gallon is only a week old we bought it to move our tiger barbs out of the 55 gal after coming home to all our long fin rosey barbs missing parts of there fins and one with no fins left( he is getting along well now they are growing back slowly). But since we bought the same type of filter I used one of the filter cartridges from the 55 gallons filter in the 29 gal's filter and used some of the water from it too figuring the tigers were already acclimated to the water in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom