Pineapple Swordtail gone, balloon Mollie looks bad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

abretz89

Aquarium Advice Newbie
1~What type of fish is afflicted? In addition, please describe what is wrong with the fish to the best of your ability (i.e. cotton like growth, bloated, etc.).
-Pineapple swordtail seemed fine before bed then was dead in the morning. Balloon Mollie started out ok then sat on the bottom under plants and would swim occasionally now just lays on its side.

2~What are your tank parameters (ammonia, nitrites, nitrates, temp, pH)? Please give exact values.
-Ammonia:0
Nitrites:0
Nitrates:0
Temp:78
pH:8

3~ How large is the tank? How long has the tank been set up?
- 55g tank running for 1 week but seeded from established 10g with substrate, filter media & decor

4~What type of filtration are you using? Please give the name and number (i.e. Fluval 304) and amount of gph if known. -Marineland Pengiun 350 bio wheel 5~How many fish are in the tank? What kinds of fish are they and what are their current sizes? -Opaline Gourami 4.5 inches from 10g tank. 2 balloon mollies, cremecicle Mollie, red wag swordtail, pineapple swordtail (deceased) all new purchased yesterday 6~When is the last time you did a water change and vacuum the gravel? How often do you do this? How much water do you remove at a time? -No water change or vacuum yet as the water parameters haven't warranted it yet 7~How long have you had the fish? If the fish is new, how did you acclimate it/them? - Fish are new and were floated for 30 minutes for temp acclimation and then added 1/2 cub of tank water to bag every ten minutes till full then netted into tank 8~Have you added anything new to the tank--decor, new dechlorinator, new substrate, etc.? -Nothing new added 9~What kind of food have you been feeding your fish, have you changed their diet recently? -Fed Top Fin tropical flakes once this morning Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

LOL i don't want to sound like a troll, but it was probably just a nitrite spike or some ammonia and New Tank disease.
Mollies are cheap enough, just go buy some more, and if THEY die, get them replaced for free. Any fish over 3 dollars that dies within a day or few i usually get replaced.

Back
Top Bottom