Platy has SUNKEN BELLY??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starka said:
Oh no! :(
I thought everything was going so well, too.

Poor girl... I don't know what to do for her. Went down hill the week after she had last batch of babies on Jan 31st. My girlfriend says perhaps it's because she's depressed I took away her babies. Hmmm.. Live bearers don't have maternal instincts, right?
Poor girl... My first female platy...
Lying on your side never eating isn't a quality of life. :-( she's still surviving tho.., somehow.

If you have the means (clove oil is the most humane way IMO) then at this point I would probably assist her. This does not appear to be a situation from which she can recover IMO. I'm sorry.

severum mama said:
If you have the means (clove oil is the most humane way IMO) then at this point I would probably assist her. This does not appear to be a situation from which she can recover IMO. I'm sorry.

I've done freezing water several times.. Should I give clove oil a try?

I've done freezing water several times too. For me it has always worked quickly for small fish. However, I still prefer clove oil (and most definitely for larger fish).

severum mama said:
I've done freezing water several times too. For me it has always worked quickly for small fish. However, I still prefer clove oil (and most definitely for larger fish).

I've done a Molly & a Betta that way... Molly was instant and Betta took about 5 seconds...
I only have $5 left in my bank acct for the next several days... So I'll probably do freezing water this time... Poor girl. :-/

I think I'll pick up a bottle of Clove Oil to keep in my fish cabinet for the future though.

Mumma.of.two said:
RIP Trixie :( sorry for your loss.

Thank you... :-( I'm so bummed... She was gorgeous. I just don't know what happened... Meringue (male) is hiding depressed... Has been for weeks...
I have 7 of her babies in my nursery 10g...

Back
Top Bottom