PLEASE HELP... angelfish swimming corkscrew??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi, thanks for the link. I'm pretty sure I've read that one before but will be educational to re-read. Thanks again. :)

Yeah, my advisor at uni specializes in parisitology, and the lab he oversees specifically deals a ton with salmonids. I'm also in his class on parasitology. We've talked about the cause of whirling disease and as a parasite it is (mostly) highly specific to salmonids.

If your angelfish DOES have it (but it doesn't), you need to send it to a lab (my lab!) because it would be a huge deal.

If your angelfish DOES have it (but it doesn't), you need to send it to a lab (my lab!) because it would be a huge deal.

That's my point. It would be HIGHLY unlikely that it's whirling disease, but you know how the rumor mill gets going. :( As the saying goes: "The wrong information in the wrong hands is a recipe for disaster. "

Just look at how much bad information has become common "standard" knowledge in the tropical fish hobby today. This is a perfect example of that quote. :facepalm:

That's my point. It would be HIGHLY unlikely that it's whirling disease, but you know how the rumor mill gets going. :( As the saying goes: "The wrong information in the wrong hands is a recipe for disaster. "

Just look at how much bad information has become common "standard" knowledge in the tropical fish hobby today. This is a perfect example of that quote. :facepalm:

I do appreciate the link though and am quite ok with 'buyer beware' warnings. I know PMs are there for a reason but yeah, can't learn otherwise so once again thanks!

Back
Top Bottom