Plecos, what medicines unsafe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr502go

Aquarium Advice Activist
I think mine has either Velvet or Ich, heck maybe even a combo of the two, I got maracide, coppersafe, maracyn, and maracyn-two, which should I give him, poor things breathing REALLY hard, so I'm afraid it's gotten to his gills, he keeps hiding, and is losing color, PLEASE HELP!!!

Urgh. Most of the meds recommended for velvet/ich are not very safe for scaleless fish. I *think* half doses might be ok, but in this case I suggest posting over at www.planetcatfish.com . Thats the premier catfish website and the folks there will know exactly what you need to do.

Well, I couldn't really take the time to wait for them to post over there, from the research I've done and what I was able to get, I gave my guys maracide, maracyn and maracyn-two.

Something else I noticed was that there are loads of white poo where Kirby the pl*c usually hangs out.

I've seen whispers about that meaning internal parasites, but was hoping for more concrete info.

Now all I can do is wait, he seems to be moving around, not quite as much as before, but at least he's not just comatose. He's breathing awfully hard though. Hopefully the Maracide will help him.

Post anyway; they may have additional info for ya.

Poor Kirby :( I hope he pulls thru.

Kirby seems to be more himself today, there's less white spots on his head.

Water Temp has been up approx 88*-89*, so my Tetras have slowed down a lil bit, but my gosh they have voracious appetites now, I guess the heat must have sped up their metabolism.

also, they are diamond tetras, the little silver stripe that goes down their backs is now green LOL, I guess the green tint from the medicine has soaked in. At least I know they should be safe from infection.

Thanks for your patience and perserverence Alli!!

Back
Top Bottom