Poorly danios :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

11bkd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Folks,

Last week a gold minnow went on a murderous rampage hurting 4 other minnows and 4 danios. I have 1 minnow left and 3 danios who are all still recovering from the bloody beating they received but 1 of the danios seems really sick now. My LFS thinks it's a bacterial infection which has got into it's system while stressed and bleeding. I've set up my QT with Melafix at a slightly warmer temp as recommended by my fish dude.

So I moved 2 of the danios into the QT and they seem happy enough for the moment. My big question is - 1 of them is refusing to be netted and she's getting all stressed out with me trying to catch her. Is it best to keep going and stressing the wee thing out to give her treatment or should I accept that she's doing ok so far on her own and leave her be. The bleeding has stopped and the only damage seems to be some 'ruffled' scales.

The tank is 90L, set up for a few months, cycled nicely, heavily planted, occupants are - 3 bronze corys, 2 platys, 2 kuhli loaches, a few cherry shrimp, a gold minnow, a couple of ramshorn snails and the stubborn danio. Water conditions are perfect and I do 25% water changes each week. I use Water Safe & Cycle. I feed a combination of sinking goldfish pellets, catfish pellets and flake with the occasional veggie.

Also does anyone think Mr Angry Pants the minnow will be able to go back into the community tank at some point? He is on a 'time out' in beside the fancy goldfish. I plan to increase my minnow population when I have no worries about health and it seems a shame to make him the only minnow in the tank.

Thank you X

Back
Top Bottom