pop eye help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ellieelectric

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a blood parrot fish with what I think is pop eye under one eye. it looks like a clear bubble right underneath. her eye isn't clouded over or anything. she is very large, and very aggressive so she is alone in a 36 gallon tank. her water is very clean and healthy all the time so I think maybe it's a scratch from tearing apart her decor? I did just put in some new fake plants after washing them. anyways should I use Epsom salt or aquarium salt? and since she's alone in the tank, can I just put it directly into her tank and leave it? or is it better to do a salt bath? everything I've read says to isolate her somewhere else butt she is already alone. please help, Ive had her for years and am very worried about her :(.

Popeye and also eye cloud, is caused by strepocaccus or whatever you spell it, bacteria.
It is treated with a simple gram + antibiotic such as Furan 2, Tetracycline, Erythomycin, or even old ampicillin/penicillin amoxicillin.
Keep in mind, they sell furan 2 at walmart, and it shoud work. You dont want to spend alot of money on Gram + antibiotics, because most deadly fish bacteria are Gram -

Back
Top Bottom