recommendation for Anti-Parasite food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dsun

Aquarium Advice Activist
can someone point me in the direction of anti-parasite food that I can buy online? Pretty sure my cichlids have internal parsites juding from slight sunken stomach and white poop.

i cant find this jungle anti-parasite food anywhere...can someone shoot me a link or recommend something that is just as good? Thanks!

thank you, which one is best? Deworming fish flakes?

Does this look like sunken stomach to you guys?

Attachments

• photo(32).jpg
    photo(32).jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 71
  • photo(33).jpg
    photo(33).jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 77
  • photo(34).jpg
    photo(34).jpg
    241.1 KB · Views: 83
thank you, which one is best? Deworming fish flakes?

Does this look like sunken stomach to you guys?

His stomach looks sunken in a little bit but doesn't seem too bad, I've definitely seen worse. But if you've also seen white stringy poop then there is more than likely a problem... Are the fish that seem to be having the problems all eating? If they're all eating then the flakes will be the way to go, but if some of them aren't eating then you'll probably want to just run to a fish or pet store and grab some medication and just treat your tank since the flakes would be useless to any fish that refuses to eat them. As for what flakes or medication to get, you'll want to wait for someone with more experience dealing with that kind of stuff. There's quite a few different kinds of internal parasites that could be the problem so I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction. If you don't get any response by early to mid afternoon tomorrow, I'd just bump this post back to the top and ask again. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out though

His stomach looks sunken in a little bit but doesn't seem too bad, I've definitely seen worse. But if you've also seen white stringy poop then there is more than likely a problem... Are the fish that seem to be having the problems all eating? If they're all eating then the flakes will be the way to go, but if some of them aren't eating then you'll probably want to just run to a fish or pet store and grab some medication and just treat your tank since the flakes would be useless to any fish that refuses to eat them. As for what flakes or medication to get, you'll want to wait for someone with more experience dealing with that kind of stuff. There's quite a few different kinds of internal parasites that could be the problem so I don't wanna steer you in the wrong direction. If you don't get any response by early to mid afternoon tomorrow, I'd just bump this post back to the top and ask again. I'm sure someone will be able to help you out though

Thanks!

They are all eating, they fight over food...i fasted them for two days, and just started feeding yesterday. Very little at a time, their poop is now turning back to the usual brown...its all over the substrate. My smallest guy still has white string..but everyone else including that red collar is brown, sometimes the end has a bit of mucus color. That red shoulder ( He is almost 4'' long) probably ate 6-7 1mm pellets in the last 2 days. Could it because he didnt eat anything?

Back
Top Bottom