round white tumors?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jpchin

Aquarium Advice FINatic
just noticed that my one gbr has a few totally round very small white tumor looking things inside his one gill. don't know how long they've been there. he is acting fine. eating , swimming and doing everything he always does. it is impossible to get a shot of this to show you. he doesn't stay still long enough . the spots don't look like cotton and there aren't any spots on his skin or anywhere else so i don't think it's ick. they look like small tumors and they are completely round in appearance. any ideas what it could be?
ammonia 0
nitrites0
nitrates 10-20
water temp 79-80
45 gal tank water changes every 3rd day 15-20% gravel cleaning 1xweek
tank running for 7 months
thanks

just noticed that my one gbr has a few totally round very small white tumor looking things inside his one gill. don't know how long they've been there. he is acting fine. eating , swimming and doing everything he always does. it is impossible to get a shot of this to show you. he doesn't stay still long enough . the spots don't look like cotton and there aren't any spots on his skin or anywhere else so i don't think it's ick. they look like small tumors and they are completely round in appearance. any ideas what it could be?
ammonia 0
nitrites0
nitrates 10-20
water temp 79-80
45 gal tank water changes every 3rd day 15-20% gravel cleaning 1xweek
tank running for 7 months
thanks

forgot to say ph 6.5

If you are really concerned, then catch the fish and quickly take a photo. You might need help to hold it gently and snap the picture.

If it is a tumor, there isn't much you can do about it since it is on the gill. :(

Back
Top Bottom