Sad day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
This morning I woke up to find my prized Aulonocara ethelwynnae floating upside down in the 125 gal. :cry: I immediately got him out and into a QT tank but it was to no avail. He was gone. His name was Louie. I am devastated. There was no bite marks, no swelling, no fungus, no red spots, nothing. Tank parameters were excellent. I guess it was just his time. His passing really affected me and my entire day. Louie was my baby, I really loved this little guy. I know a lot of people at work and my family think it strange that a fish dying can hurt someone so much, but I know you all will understand.

Oh Anne, I'm so sorry. Yes, I know how profoundly a fish death can affect a person. Man, that sucks. How old was he? Maybe you can bury him in the garden and put a special stone to mark his spot. Bless your heart....I'm so sorry to hear this.

I am so sorry for your loss. I know how it feels to lose a favorite fish, to me it is just like losing any other pet.

So sry to hear that Zagz.

And your right...when it comes to the little guys,either you get it or you don't.It all in where the heart is I suppose and thats porportional to the effort and care put into this "hobby" imo.

It truley sucks to lose one when you really care.

I am sorry to hear about Louie :cry:

It is terrible to lose a favorite fish. I still think about my former fish sometimes. Most of them are buried in the yard at the edge of the woods.

Louie is enjoying his time in the "big pond" now, but he had a great life with you!

dont feel to bad, i had 3, 3 thats right, red fin tetras die within two days. My water is perfect, i have no idea what happend to them, i think one commited suicide and the other got stuck to the filter and the other just dropped dead at the bottem of the tank

Thanks everyone, your compassion and sympathy is appreciated. I knew you all would understand what those that aren't in the hobby simply can't. He has been buried in the flower bed by my rose bush.

Back
Top Bottom