salt water dips for freshwater fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't put the fish in a salt dip it can cause more harm than good. I don't really know if the fish could withstand an epsom salt dip or not to help cleanse the wound. Get your hands on some medicated food.

There are many fish I wouldn't advise using this on, but I have had success using on cichlids, including angelfish. Some barbs, tetras and catfish don't do well, but I haven't heard that about cichlids.

From his description this sounds like a typical bacterial infection causing the popeye, not a wound. He said that there is pus behind the eye.

I would suggest an antibiotic food to get at the infection from the inside.

Garlic guard will sometimes help with the appetite. Some people swear by it others don't.

Homedog98 said:
Marycyn, Maracyn two, and 1 tablespoon of salt per 5 gallons is best, since pop eye is usually just an injury.

This is what I have been doing.. the eye is looking much worse today! The eye is now a milky color and is sticking out about twice as far as the first picture I sent!! What should I do now?

Back
Top Bottom