Scarlet Badis Lathargy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bosoxlobsterman

Aquarium Advice Activist
So the other day I noticed my Scarlet Badis (Dario dario) out near the foreground of my tank, hovering closer to the bottom than normal. He disappeared for a couple days again until this morning, when I noticed he was back out front. This time, however, he wasn't hovering like normal, he was resting on the bottom.

I was able to scoop him up with my hands very easily, and I transferred him to my breeding net in the same tank (which is the only thing I have available, ATM) so he could be away from the other adult fish. There are a few young cherry barbs in there, but they're too small to bother him and too large (and feisty) for him to chase right now.

Tank parameters are normal; 0 Amm., 0 Nitrite, 5 Nitrate, 6.6-6.8 pH
I've also been slowly reducing hardness from 400 to 200 over the past 2 months, and I've slightly reduced the temp from 80 to 77 F.

Other changes in the past couple months include some new plants, a recent addition of a catappa ("Indian Almond") leaf, and a school of 12 glowlight danio (Danio choprae).

I do have quite a few active fish in my tank now, so I'm hoping that it's just fatigue, and once he gets some rest/I get a tank set up for him (and possibly my pearl gourami) he while be back to himself. BUT, in case it's not just fatigue, I was hoping someone might have some insight on this :(

Back
Top Bottom