Second life for Bristol nose pleco

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DavidVillarreal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. A friend of mine decided to tear down his tank and only had a couple of fish remaining to adopt. I took in his 4 month old bristolenose pleco and 2 of his remaining cherry barbs. I put the pleco in my 20 long with my betta. The tank is about a month old although the filter started off with cycled 5 month old media from my 29 gallon high. I’m fairly confident my 20 long is cycled as my betta has shown no signs of stress and the few tag along snails that came with plants I bought for the 20 have also seemed rather healthy and unaffected. I’m quite confused on how to feed this pleco. From my understanding they also need additional food and not live off just algae. Talking to my friend I found out that the pleco was rarely fed wafers once or twice a week and at a a lot of algae. How should I go about the diet for this bristlenose ? Will it outgrow my 20 long( it’s about 4 inches at the moment)? I want to give it a better and healthier diet than before as I’ve heard they can live for upwards of 10 years. Thank you for reading !

I think they only get 4-6", so your prob good. I have 2 plecos, one Bn, and I feed them algae wafers. I'm sure they also forage food off the bottom. My other catfish really like the Tetra shrimp wafers, but that kind of pleco needs a predominantly veggie diet

Back
Top Bottom