Sick cory:(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hcourts

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have an older peppered Cory that has a white ulcer looking sore on it...any idea what this could be???

image-1849178730.jpg

image-2735079657.jpg

Its difficult to tell from the pic but does it look like theres white hairs/projections coming from the area? Or is it more of a white film? Does it look like the area is missing tissue/indented? How long has he had this/is it spreading or getting bigger? Some more info will help!

Well it looks like some scales are missing but there isnt any aggression in my tank. It just started yesterday and all my tank parameters are great. She is the only one having this issue. I dosed with melodic yesterday and it isn't as red around the edges this morning.

Ok, well keep a close eye on it. If it seems to be getting worse/spreading or it does not improve in the next few days, you will need to treat with actual meds. Keep us posted!

Would maracyn be a good next step? I don't think it looks like a fungal infection and none of the others are showing any signs of illness.

Maracyn is a gram positive antibiotic while the most fish infections are gram negative. I would opt for maracyn2, triple sulfa or furan2 (depending on what you have available to you). Just keep an eye on your parameters if you treat with antibiotic because it may affect your good bacteria. Another option you can try (only if your comfortable handling your fish without undue stress) is topically applying a product such as BioBandage or methylene blue once a day.

Back
Top Bottom