Sick Goldfish, sick tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lorraine1415

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi there! I'm new here and needing lots of help. I inherited 2 goldfish about 2 years ago. They are both about 12 years old. They were in a tiny tank so I put them in a 30 gallon tank when I got them. One of them has developed large tumors all over his/her body. The other goldfish picks at them sometimes and they don't seem to bother it, but I feel so bad. I don't know what is causing the tumors or even if they are tumors. Any advice?

Attachments

• 1637537410936495340123.jpg
    1637537410936495340123.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 56
Yes, they look like tumours. They are common in goldfish and often harmless. Unless you have them surgically removed by a vet its something they will have to live with.

Yes, they look like tumours. They are common in goldfish and often harmless. Unless you have them surgically removed by a vet its something they will have to live with.

Thank you so much!! I also have another problem. I noticed at the bottom of my bucket that I use to change my aquarium water, little parasites moving around. They are so small, you can hardly see them. What do you think that is from and how would I get rid of them? I took a video of them, but couldn't download it on here.

Im wondering how your fish and tank are doing? Goldfish can be messy so frequent water changes are needed and its part of the fish health.

Back
Top Bottom